Fourths claim league title
WISBECH Hockey Club s men s fourth team have won the NE14 Division 6NW title. They needed just one point from two games at the weekend and claimed a win and a draw. Jonathan Boyall scored four second-half goals to add to efforts from Wayne Jupp and Jimmy
WISBECH Hockey Club's men's fourth team have won the NE14 Division 6NW title.
They needed just one point from two games at the weekend and claimed a win and a draw.
Jonathan Boyall scored four second-half goals to add to efforts from Wayne Jupp and Jimmy Turner in a 6-2 win over Horncastle on Saturday.
Jupp scored in a 1-1 draw with City of Peterborough VII on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Fairbrother had two efforts cleared off the line and the second half saw a spectacular goal-line clearance from Dick Pentelow, in his 52nd year for Wisbech.
Skipper Kevin Shippey said: "I would like to thank everyone who has played this season and I am very proud of what the team has achieved."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
Elsewhere, Wisbech men's fifths put on a fine show in their final game, drawing 3-3 with March fourths in the NE14 Division 6NW.
Edward Atkins and Howard Atkins (2) scored for Wisbech.