Fourths claim league title
WISBECH Hockey Club s men s fourth team have won the NE14 Division 6NW title. They needed just one point from two games at the weekend and claimed a win and a draw. Jonathan Boyall scored four second-half goals to add to efforts from Wayne Jupp and Jimmy
WISBECH Hockey Club's men's fourth team have won the NE14 Division 6NW title.
They needed just one point from two games at the weekend and claimed a win and a draw.
Jonathan Boyall scored four second-half goals to add to efforts from Wayne Jupp and Jimmy Turner in a 6-2 win over Horncastle on Saturday.
Jupp scored in a 1-1 draw with City of Peterborough VII on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Fairbrother had two efforts cleared off the line and the second half saw a spectacular goal-line clearance from Dick Pentelow, in his 52nd year for Wisbech.
Skipper Kevin Shippey said: "I would like to thank everyone who has played this season and I am very proud of what the team has achieved."
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Elsewhere, Wisbech men's fifths put on a fine show in their final game, drawing 3-3 with March fourths in the NE14 Division 6NW.
Edward Atkins and Howard Atkins (2) scored for Wisbech.