Former Wisbech Town keeper handed two-year deal with King’s Lynn
FORMER Wisbech Town star Alex Street has been handed a two-year contract at King’s Lynn, as the club try to warn off suitors for the talented goalkeeper.
The 19-year-old has committed his short term future to the UCL title hopefuls with an option for an additional third year following impressive early season form since his summer switch from the fenmen.
Joint boss of the Linnets, Gary Setchell, who also managed Street at Wisbech, said: “We are delighted. It was a straightforward deal.
“I know the lad from Wisbech and he knows me so there is plenty of trust there and he knows I would never stand in someone’s way of going further but we feel that would not be right for him at this stage of his career. King’s Lynn is perfect and he has a big future ahead of him.
“We could put a number of players on contract and we don’t want to lose any of them, but we know there is a lot of interest - without anyone putting in a formal bid yet - and we feel it is only a matter of time.
You may also want to watch:
“He is one of those we couldn’t replace at this time because good young local keepers are hard to find with his sort of talent.”
Street will bid to help Lynn progress into the FA Vase second round at the weekend against Thrapston.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 3 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 6 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 7 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 8 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 9 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure