Wisbech Town ‘aren’t panicking’ following departure of top-scorer Harry Limb, says boss Dick Creasey
PUBLISHED: 15:50 24 February 2017 | UPDATED: 17:23 27 February 2017
Wisbech Town boss Dick Creasey says he will not turn to the transfer market to replace teenage striker Harry Limb.
The Fenmen’s top-scorer signed for Premier League outfit Burnley on an 18-month deal earlier today (February 24) after impressing scouts with 22 goals in 40 appearances, but Creasey insists the club’s other striking talents - Alex Beck and Michael Frew - have enough quality to fill the void left by the 17-year-old’s departure.
Frew has scored 17 goals in 39 games while Beck has found the net eight times in his 19 appearances – including a goal in Wisbech’s 3-1 win over Rothwell Corinthians last weekend - since signing from Boston Town in October last year.
Creasey said: “Alex has started to show what he is capable of. Last Saturday I thought he had an excellent game.
“In Alex and Frewy we’ve got two good UCL forwards, so we’re not panicking on that front.”
Wisbech begin life without Limb tomorrow, when they welcome Cogenhoe United to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium (3pm).
The Fenmen have won their last three UCL matches, notching 11 goals in the process.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.