Five-star Wisbech Town move up to fourth in Ridgeons Premier Division
WISBECH Town guaranteed a top-six finish in the Ridgeons Premier Division with a 5-1 thumping of Newmarket Town yesterday.
Goals from Ash Stevens, Paul Jones, Matt Lunn, Lewis Thompson and Darren Jimson completed the rout for Steve Appleby’s in-form Fenmen.
The victory moved Wisbech up to fourth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with just one league game remaining. The Fenmen host Wivenhoe Town on Saturday knowing a victory - which would be their fifth in a row - would cement a fantastic fourth-placed finish for the side.
Wisbech’s attention will then turn to ending their 16-year wait for a trophy as they face Wroxham in the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup Final on Monday May 2.
The game will be played at Dereham Town’s Aldiss Park ground (Kick-off: 3pm).
You may also want to watch:
For a full cup final preview see Friday’s paper.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial