Five-star Wisbech Town move up to fourth in Ridgeons Premier Division
WISBECH Town guaranteed a top-six finish in the Ridgeons Premier Division with a 5-1 thumping of Newmarket Town yesterday.
Goals from Ash Stevens, Paul Jones, Matt Lunn, Lewis Thompson and Darren Jimson completed the rout for Steve Appleby’s in-form Fenmen.
The victory moved Wisbech up to fourth in the Ridgeons Premier Division with just one league game remaining. The Fenmen host Wivenhoe Town on Saturday knowing a victory - which would be their fifth in a row - would cement a fantastic fourth-placed finish for the side.
Wisbech’s attention will then turn to ending their 16-year wait for a trophy as they face Wroxham in the Ridgeons League Challenge Cup Final on Monday May 2.
The game will be played at Dereham Town’s Aldiss Park ground (Kick-off: 3pm).
You may also want to watch:
For a full cup final preview see Friday’s paper.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault