Fenmen move up to second as unbeaten run continues
WISBECH Town moved up to second in the Ridgeons Premier Division as they continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 2-1 victory over Ely City last night.
Goals from Andy Furnell and Paul Cousins capped a fantastic week for the Fenmen who couldn’t have asked for a better start to life at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium.
Manager Steve Appleby said: “We’re absolutely delighted with the start but there’s a lot more to come from us and there’s a long way to go.
“We can probably play a bit better but we can’t have everything. It takes time for a team to gel but we’re really pleased with the results. We’ve got competition for places which helps.
“Ely were very quick and direct and were better than when we played them last year. I think we deserved to win as we had several chances in the first-half but we’re just thrilled to remain undefeated.”
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen are in league action at home again on Saturday against last year’s FA Vase runners-up Wroxham.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled