Fenmen move up to second as unbeaten run continues
WISBECH Town moved up to second in the Ridgeons Premier Division as they continued their unbeaten start to the season with a 2-1 victory over Ely City last night.
Goals from Andy Furnell and Paul Cousins capped a fantastic week for the Fenmen who couldn’t have asked for a better start to life at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium.
Manager Steve Appleby said: “We’re absolutely delighted with the start but there’s a lot more to come from us and there’s a long way to go.
“We can probably play a bit better but we can’t have everything. It takes time for a team to gel but we’re really pleased with the results. We’ve got competition for places which helps.
“Ely were very quick and direct and were better than when we played them last year. I think we deserved to win as we had several chances in the first-half but we’re just thrilled to remain undefeated.”
You may also want to watch:
The Fenmen are in league action at home again on Saturday against last year’s FA Vase runners-up Wroxham.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online