Fenland Running Club produce outstanding performance to finish third in Frostbite Friendly League
FENLAND Running Club produced their best performance of the season in the final race of the Frostbite Friendly League to finish third out of 16 teams. This will be seen as a remarkable achievement for the small Wisbech-based club, who were competing in t
FENLAND Running Club produced their best performance of the season in the final race of the Frostbite Friendly League to finish third out of 16 teams.
This will be seen as a remarkable achievement for the small Wisbech-based club, who were competing in the league for the first time.
It was a nail-biting finish to the season with Fenland, Hunts AC and Werrington Joggers battling it out for third place.
Fenland finished comfortably finished third on the day with Andrew Jakeman their first finisher on the day, eighth out of 406, in 26.47.
You may also want to watch:
First Fenland lady home was Rebecca Cousins, in 101st place, in a time of 32.25.
Twenty three members of Fenland Running Club competed in the race.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
Four Fenland Running Club members tackled the 20 mile Wymondham AC race on Sunday in a field of 285.
First home for Fenland was Andre Pittock in 74th place in 2.29.34, with Trudy Sayell in 94th place in her first attempt at the distance in a time of 2.33.44.
Sarah Gauvin knocked a massive 15 minutes off her previous time for this race in a time of 2.34.03.
Cara Russell finished 157th in 2.47.34.
Roger Williams completed the Newton's Fraction Grantham AC half marathon on Sunday in a time of 1.59.04.
Frostbite Friendly League results: 8th Andrew Jakeman, 26.47; 17th Robin Parker, 28.15; 27th Jack Trow, 29.01; 45th Sean Connolly, 30.22; 46th Ady Martin, 30.22; 49th David Jakeman, 30.26; 59th Lee Shephard, 30.55; 96th Rebecca Cousins, 32.25; 106th Nicole Coughlin, 32.51; 107th Paul Weigand, 32.53, 113th Richard Dix, 33.09; 151st Ian Milburn, 34.08; 152nd Dan Wate, 34.14; 171st Colin Ferguson, 34.53; 174th Maire Irlam, 35.02; 201st Dave Hood, 35.59; 224th Lisa Jermey, 36.48; 228th John Chapman, 36.51; 243rd Mel Murdoch, 37.29; 258th Sam Goodger, 38.13; 303rd Cheryl Chapman, 41.32; 313th Jane Greenwood, 41.55; 314th Dave Harris, 42.03.