5k, 10k, half marathon and ultimate 1/2 triathlon - all in a weekend’s work for Fenland Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club started the weekend off in style with a stunning performance from Martin Jennings at the Chelmsford Central Parkrun.
In a time of 17:38 and Age Grading of 81.66 per cent (as a Vet Male 45-49) this achievement secured Martin a placing of first male overall but even more impressive he won it - coming first overall out of a total of 805 runners.
Hot on the heels of the 5k in Chelmsford was the Woodhall Spa Community 10k Race where Ian and Sally King took part for the third year in a row.
This course although beautiful in its nature is always a challenge being undulating and very warm weather conditions this weekend.
1,100 runners took part and Ian finished 46th in his age category in a time of 51:21 and Sally brought home a blistering time of 1:18.39.
You may also want to watch:
Sunday saw Andre Pittock and Sarah Rippon take up a half marathon and Half Triathlon. First up Andre flew the Fenland flag in Cambridge competing in the fifth ‘Flaming June Half Marathon - a unique multi-terrain course with great organisation.
Organised by the Charity ‘The Friends of Histon and Imprington Recreation Ground’ and the Histon Runners - the race provides something a little different from the usual road-based courses with almost 40 per cent being off road.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
In very humid conditions Andre completed the course in a time of 1:44:21 coming in 81st out of 416 runners.
Sarah Rippon took the challenge of a 1.2 mile swim followed by a 56 mile cycle and finally a 13.1 mile run, The UK Ultimate 1/2 Triathlon is a demanding and much sought after ‘half iron distance’ event around the beautiful Alderford Lake venue in Whitchurch.
Although times are still being worked on by event this half Triathlon comes on the back of a full triathlon two weeks earlier. Well done Sarah.
Report written by Tony Foice-Beard & Sarah Gauvin.
Visit http://www.fenlandrunningclub.co.uk/ for more information.