Fenland runners excel at Werrington and Thorney events
FENLAND Running Club had a successful week with four runners finishing in the top 20 at the Werrington 5k and seven members setting personal bests (PB) at the Thorney five-mile run.
Julie Garner knocked a massive 90 seconds off her PB as four runners out of 12 finished in under 18 minutes at Werrington.
Robin Parker finished 10th in a field of 250 at Thorney on Sunday August 15.
Jack Trow was the first Under 20 to cross the line while Rebecca Cousins was the first lady to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Werrington 5K - Wednesday August 11
Robin Parker, 17.05; David Goldspink, 17.41; Jack Trow, 17.43; Justin Kinsey, 17.57 (PB); Robbie Howlett, 18.45; Aidan Shepard, 18.52; Darren Jackson, 21.01; Carl Murley, 21.01; Sam Goodger, 21.36, Ian Milburn, 21.39; Dean Powley, 23.09 and Julie Garner, 27.36 (PB)
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Thorney 5 mile - Sunday August 15
Robin Parker, 28.29; Jack Trow, 30.43; Rebecca Cousins, 31.12 (PB); Robbie Howlett, 31.36; Paul Weigand, 33.49; Dan Wate, 34.20 (PB); Colin Ferguson, 35.22; Mark Shrimpton, 35.22; Mel Murdoch, 35.51 (PB), Pasquale Rugerrio, 38.41; Dean Powley, 38.51 (PB); Richard Williams, 41.26 (PB); Roger Williams, 41.30; Adam Oaks, 42.00 (PB); Adam Chown, 43.44; Julie Garner, 46.59 (PB) and Nick Meekin, 47.00.