Fenland runners excel at Werrington and Thorney events
FENLAND Running Club had a successful week with four runners finishing in the top 20 at the Werrington 5k and seven members setting personal bests (PB) at the Thorney five-mile run.
Julie Garner knocked a massive 90 seconds off her PB as four runners out of 12 finished in under 18 minutes at Werrington.
Robin Parker finished 10th in a field of 250 at Thorney on Sunday August 15.
Jack Trow was the first Under 20 to cross the line while Rebecca Cousins was the first lady to finish.
You may also want to watch:
Werrington 5K - Wednesday August 11
Robin Parker, 17.05; David Goldspink, 17.41; Jack Trow, 17.43; Justin Kinsey, 17.57 (PB); Robbie Howlett, 18.45; Aidan Shepard, 18.52; Darren Jackson, 21.01; Carl Murley, 21.01; Sam Goodger, 21.36, Ian Milburn, 21.39; Dean Powley, 23.09 and Julie Garner, 27.36 (PB)
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Wisbech boss confident of upturn in fortunes thanks to new-look squad
Thorney 5 mile - Sunday August 15
Robin Parker, 28.29; Jack Trow, 30.43; Rebecca Cousins, 31.12 (PB); Robbie Howlett, 31.36; Paul Weigand, 33.49; Dan Wate, 34.20 (PB); Colin Ferguson, 35.22; Mark Shrimpton, 35.22; Mel Murdoch, 35.51 (PB), Pasquale Rugerrio, 38.41; Dean Powley, 38.51 (PB); Richard Williams, 41.26 (PB); Roger Williams, 41.30; Adam Oaks, 42.00 (PB); Adam Chown, 43.44; Julie Garner, 46.59 (PB) and Nick Meekin, 47.00.