Athletics: Fenland runners enjoy Round Norfolk Relay
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club members impressed at the prestigious Round Norfolk Relay.
The event covers 198 miles over 17 unequal stages and Fenland were 17th out of 59 teams overall and fourth in their category.
Rimivydas Muduras was eighth in his stage, while Nigel Seale achieved the highest age percentagee and Maire Kay and Sean Connolly competed for the 10th time.
Four other members took on the North Norfolk Triathlon at Wells-next-the-Sea, which included a 1.5k open water swim in the tidal harbour, a 40k bike leg through coastal villages and 10k run.
Stuart Follen finished in 2:31.52, followed by Larissa Follen (3:07.11), Sharon Bird (3:20.37) - who set a 35-minute best - and debutant Gilly Anderson (3:33.20).
You may also want to watch:
Round Norfolk Relay results: Andrew Plume 1:51.12 (16.9 miles), Sean Connolly 1:37.46 (13.75), Jac Richards 53.22 (5.76), Jay Gilbert 1:31.00 (11.14), Ryan Jones 1:18.08 (10.81), Claudia Milburn 1:04.20 (7.9), Ellen Connolly 1:15.37 (9.24), Rachael Nichols 1:09.30 (7.52), Graham Milham 1:53.51 (16.6), Gary Clifford 2:23.43 (18.13), Rimivydas Muduras 1:21.9 (12.45), Lewis Saunders 2:14.56 (19.67), Nigel Seale 1:33.00 (13.25), Maire Kay 1:07.35 (7.27), Nicky Jennings 1:27.11 (10.59), Carly Read 45.57 (5.49), Richard Agger 1:27.09 (11.73).
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run