Fenland Running Club members love St Valentines 30k
- Credit: Archant
A group of 10 Fenland Running Club members took part in the delayed 27th St Valentines 30k hosted by Stamford Striders.
Strong winds hit runners on all sides along the route from Stamford's Welland Academy, through Little Casteron, Tolethorpe, Ryhall, Careby, Pickworth and Great Casterton.
But Steve Bennington set a personal best of 2:24.09, with Rod Sinnott posting the same time, as Carol Bowett (2:40.01) led the club's women home.
Jane Clarke (2:43.39) took 10 minutes off her best, as Andy Beveridge (2:48.40), Melissa Milham (3:03.11) and Gemma Read (3:40.49) made their debuts at the event.
Paul Griffin (2:43.43), Jane Greenwood (3:12.05) and Lucy Hicks (3:41.32) were also among a field of 562 finishers.
You may also want to watch:
Six others were in a 436-strong field at the Sublime Winter 10k in Peterborough, with Pete Lundt (48.01) pipping Jay Gilbert (48.05) to bragging rights.
Nigel Marlow (52.27), Jac Richards (53.01), Larissa Follen (55.11) and Laura Johnson (1:11.24) also ran.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son