Fenland Running Club members love St Valentines 30k
- Credit: Archant
A group of 10 Fenland Running Club members took part in the delayed 27th St Valentines 30k hosted by Stamford Striders.
Strong winds hit runners on all sides along the route from Stamford's Welland Academy, through Little Casteron, Tolethorpe, Ryhall, Careby, Pickworth and Great Casterton.
But Steve Bennington set a personal best of 2:24.09, with Rod Sinnott posting the same time, as Carol Bowett (2:40.01) led the club's women home.
Jane Clarke (2:43.39) took 10 minutes off her best, as Andy Beveridge (2:48.40), Melissa Milham (3:03.11) and Gemma Read (3:40.49) made their debuts at the event.
Paul Griffin (2:43.43), Jane Greenwood (3:12.05) and Lucy Hicks (3:41.32) were also among a field of 562 finishers.
Six others were in a 436-strong field at the Sublime Winter 10k in Peterborough, with Pete Lundt (48.01) pipping Jay Gilbert (48.05) to bragging rights.
Nigel Marlow (52.27), Jac Richards (53.01), Larissa Follen (55.11) and Laura Johnson (1:11.24) also ran.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire