Athletics: Fenland members battle to end of Frostbite Friendly League
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club completed the six-stage Forstbite Friendly League season at Huntingdon’s Jubilee Park on Sunday.
A group of 11 completed the five-mile course with more women in the first 10 home than men.
Lewis Saunders was 10th in a field of 362 in 30.22, while Nicky Jennings had her best finish of 158th in 39.03 as Fenland finished 15th on the day and 12th overall.
Tim Chapman and Jennings claimed the club’s Winter Championship honours, having competed in all six races.
Meanwhile, Fenland’s Grahame Peacock and friend Karen Cowley took part in the Stoke Association’s Resolution Run at Ferry Meadows Country Park, where a muddy course did not lend itself to personal bests over their chosen distances.
You may also want to watch:
Others: Tim Chapman 35.45; John Chapman 40.02; Jay Gilbert 42.26; Maire Kay 42.46; Ian Milburn 42.49; Larissa Follen 47.22; Rachael Nichols 48.02; Gilly Anderson 51.58; Sarah Rippon 60.18.
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault