Fenland gymnasts are beaming with pride after recent success
THE Fenland Gymnastics Academy have had a successful few weeks. Eleven girls from the Wisbech-based academy competed in the county championship in Huntingdon. Senior gymnast Charlotte Ward produced a spectacular performance with an immense score of 12.4
THE Fenland Gymnastics Academy have had a successful few weeks.
Eleven girls from the Wisbech-based academy competed in the county championship in Huntingdon.
Senior gymnast Charlotte Ward produced a spectacular performance with an immense score of 12.4 on the beam to win the county title in grade 10.
Four gymnasts competed at grade 14.
You may also want to watch:
In the 8/9 years category, Jenny Cooper posted the second highest vault score and the third highest beam score and Emily Dear just missed out on a distinction.
In the 10+ section Lily Watson took silver and secured a place in the regional finals.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
In the grade 12 event where FGA were represented in the 10/11 years category by Sheree May and in the 12+ category by Chloe Hawes, and Nikki Colangelo.
May passed with ease and Colangelo came fourth.
Hawes scooped silver and a place in the regional finals.
In Grade 11, FGA's Sophie Wicks (10-11 years) and Hannah Rand (12+) earned bronze and silver medals respectively.
Ellen Stobbs qualified as reserve for the regional finals.
FGA's Zac Lakey and Thomas Verdicchio impressed in their first competition - a National Development Program event.
Both will compete in the Pegasus Open, a national competition, later this year.
For more on FGA call 07716 480402 or visit www.fenlandgym.co.uk.