Fenland gymnasts are beaming with pride after recent success
THE Fenland Gymnastics Academy have had a successful few weeks. Eleven girls from the Wisbech-based academy competed in the county championship in Huntingdon. Senior gymnast Charlotte Ward produced a spectacular performance with an immense score of 12.4
THE Fenland Gymnastics Academy have had a successful few weeks.
Eleven girls from the Wisbech-based academy competed in the county championship in Huntingdon.
Senior gymnast Charlotte Ward produced a spectacular performance with an immense score of 12.4 on the beam to win the county title in grade 10.
Four gymnasts competed at grade 14.
In the 8/9 years category, Jenny Cooper posted the second highest vault score and the third highest beam score and Emily Dear just missed out on a distinction.
In the 10+ section Lily Watson took silver and secured a place in the regional finals.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
In the grade 12 event where FGA were represented in the 10/11 years category by Sheree May and in the 12+ category by Chloe Hawes, and Nikki Colangelo.
May passed with ease and Colangelo came fourth.
Hawes scooped silver and a place in the regional finals.
In Grade 11, FGA's Sophie Wicks (10-11 years) and Hannah Rand (12+) earned bronze and silver medals respectively.
Ellen Stobbs qualified as reserve for the regional finals.
FGA's Zac Lakey and Thomas Verdicchio impressed in their first competition - a National Development Program event.
Both will compete in the Pegasus Open, a national competition, later this year.
For more on FGA call 07716 480402 or visit www.fenlandgym.co.uk.