Fenland Gymnastics Academy stars take home over 50 medals after weekend of success
- Credit: Archant
Budding gymnasts from Fenland were out in force last weekend, with dozens of youngsters taking part in events across the country for Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
Five of the Wisbech club’s gymnasts travelled to Ipswich to compete in the East Regional Grades final, which they gained qualifying places for in March.
Khiaeasa Dilley, Emilija Stonkute, Isabella Brownlow, Kacia Craigen and Paige Markham all performed terrifically well, and Khiaeasa managed to secure fourth place position in Regional Grade One.
Club members then took a trip to Milton Keynes to compete in the National Roses competition.
20 gymnasts, between the ages of five and 13, shone on the day, scooping an impressive 57 medals.
You may also want to watch:
A handful of the gymnasts were also awarded with ‘Great Effort’ trophies for their performaces; Millie for Tumble and Alysia Hawes and Shanae Sigorney for their Beam routines.
Head Coach; Claire Stock said: “Once again our gymnasts have performed fantastically and brought home not only medals and trophies, but valuable experience which will help them in future competitions.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
“We now look forward to the final competitions of the season where we hope to have even more success.”