Fenland Gymnastics Academy stars take home over 50 medals after weekend of success
- Credit: Archant
Budding gymnasts from Fenland were out in force last weekend, with dozens of youngsters taking part in events across the country for Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
Five of the Wisbech club’s gymnasts travelled to Ipswich to compete in the East Regional Grades final, which they gained qualifying places for in March.
Khiaeasa Dilley, Emilija Stonkute, Isabella Brownlow, Kacia Craigen and Paige Markham all performed terrifically well, and Khiaeasa managed to secure fourth place position in Regional Grade One.
Club members then took a trip to Milton Keynes to compete in the National Roses competition.
20 gymnasts, between the ages of five and 13, shone on the day, scooping an impressive 57 medals.
You may also want to watch:
A handful of the gymnasts were also awarded with ‘Great Effort’ trophies for their performaces; Millie for Tumble and Alysia Hawes and Shanae Sigorney for their Beam routines.
Head Coach; Claire Stock said: “Once again our gymnasts have performed fantastically and brought home not only medals and trophies, but valuable experience which will help them in future competitions.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
“We now look forward to the final competitions of the season where we hope to have even more success.”