Fenland Gymnastics Academy stars take home over 50 medals after weekend of success
- Credit: Archant
Budding gymnasts from Fenland were out in force last weekend, with dozens of youngsters taking part in events across the country for Fenland Gymnastics Academy.
Five of the Wisbech club’s gymnasts travelled to Ipswich to compete in the East Regional Grades final, which they gained qualifying places for in March.
Khiaeasa Dilley, Emilija Stonkute, Isabella Brownlow, Kacia Craigen and Paige Markham all performed terrifically well, and Khiaeasa managed to secure fourth place position in Regional Grade One.
Club members then took a trip to Milton Keynes to compete in the National Roses competition.
20 gymnasts, between the ages of five and 13, shone on the day, scooping an impressive 57 medals.
A handful of the gymnasts were also awarded with ‘Great Effort’ trophies for their performaces; Millie for Tumble and Alysia Hawes and Shanae Sigorney for their Beam routines.
Head Coach; Claire Stock said: “Once again our gymnasts have performed fantastically and brought home not only medals and trophies, but valuable experience which will help them in future competitions.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
“We now look forward to the final competitions of the season where we hope to have even more success.”