Fenland Flyers show their worth in a stunning weekend of competitions at the London Velodrome
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Flyers had six talented trampolinists qualify to compete at the London Velodrome in the National Trampoline and DMT Finals.
All six have worked extremely hard to earn their place.
With the prelim rounds happening on the Saturday the top eight went through from each age group to the final on the Sunday.
Fenland Flyers youngest national performer Alana Pritchard competed in the Girls 11-12 year category.
Alana, a true competitor, held her nerve and completed two stunning routines putting her through to the Sunday in fourth place.
You may also want to watch:
Next to compete was Julianas Jonusas in the boys 13-14 years. Julianas was extremely shaky during warm up and he nerves were getting the better of him. After some calming works, like Alana competed two brilliant routines and also went through to the Sunday in 1st place.
Jordan Broda was next to compete in the boys 15-16 years. Like his fellow competitors he also gave a brilliant performance and went through to the Sunday in third place.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
Jasmine Hailes-Pope competed in the ladies 17-18years; Jasmine has struggled during training but pulled two very commendable routines out on the day also putting her in to Sunday’s final.
Ella Wilson and Emma Shearer competed in the 13-14 years and 19 plus ladies both achieving a very respectable 11th place in their age group.
Sunday’s final was amazing with all the scores being zeroed it was up to those trampolinists to hold their nerve and do as well as they had in the prelim round.
Head coach Adele Broda said: “Words cannot express how proud I am of all six qualifiers, but to then get four out of the six through to the second day is amazing for such a small club let alone come home with three individual medals.
Julianas Jonusas 1st, Jordan Broda 2nd, and Alana Pritchard 3rd. Jasmine Hailes-Pope also completed a brilliant final routine and held onto her 6th place.
For further information about Fenland Flyers please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Adele on 07850 831825