Fenland boxers fighiting for national Golden Gloves
EIGHT Fenland boxers will be fighting for the National Schoolboys Golden Gloves title in Grays, Essex this weekend. March ABC s Danny Hedges and Chatteris ABC s Jordan Gill secured their places by winning Eastern Counties Schoolboy titles in Cambridge las
EIGHT Fenland boxers will be fighting for the National Schoolboys Golden Gloves title in Grays, Essex this weekend.
March ABC's Danny Hedges and Chatteris ABC's Jordan Gill secured their places by winning Eastern Counties Schoolboy titles in Cambridge last Wednesday.
Hedges landed the Division Two title by beating Gold Star King's Lynn's Rick Kirby while Gill beat Lee Kirby, from the same club to win the Division Three crown.
Hedges is the fifth March boxer to qualify, with Conor Crosby, Luke Crosby, Mark Crosby and Charles Stevens, a winner last year, also through.
You may also want to watch:
Gill, a runner-up in last year's Golden Gloves championships, faces George Grotty, a Golden Gloves title winner who beat Gill on points in May.
Fellow Chatteris boxers Jordan Tilsley and Richard Calaunan will be joining Gill in this weekend's competition.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers