Fenland Archery Club tournament a big success
THE Fenland Archery Club Tournament attracted 92 competitors and saw the home archers win seven titles. Entries hailed from across the country and competed in long bow, recurve and compound sections. The event was run by Fenland Archery Club s event organ
THE Fenland Archery Club Tournament attracted 92 competitors and saw the home archers win seven titles.
Entries hailed from across the country and competed in long bow, recurve and compound sections.
The event was run by Fenland Archery Club's event organisers Jill and Paul Anthony.
Chairman of the Whittlesey-based club Dave Slack said: "The spirit of the sport unfolded out to be an exciting and enjoyable day by all entered and took part. "Tournaments such as ours give an opportunity for archers of all levels to gain valuable experience."
You may also want to watch:
Fenland Archery Club would like to thank their sponsors for the event: Whittlesey Conservative Club, Whittlesey Gun Shop, and Kellyvision Electrical, with a special thanks to Mark Dando, managing director of Fenland Timber who was Lord Paramount for the event and also presented the trophies on the day.
Fenland's Pauline Slack also took the County Gold last week in the longbow category at the Cambridgeshire Indoor Championship, at the St Ivo Centre, St Ives.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
Dave Slack and Paul Atwood along with Pauline Slack also won the indoor county team longbow event to add to the list of medals.
The home club's medal winners in the Fenland Archery Club tournament were: Paul Atwood (gold in the double round and silver in the single round of the men's longbow), Roz Pain (silver in the ladies' recurve), Pauline Slack (gold in the ladies' longbow), Joseph Pasqualone (silver in the junior gents' recurve), Lauren Mountfield (gold in the junior ladies' recurve), Roz and John Pain (bronze in the married couples combined event).
Fenland Archery Club also won the combined team event and the team comprised of: Roz Pain (ladies' recurve, John Pain (men's compound), David Pearce, (men's recurve) and Paul Atwood (longbow).
The club practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays nights and Saturday mornings. Beginners' classes are run throughout the year.
For more information, telephone 07748 968953, or email email@example.com