BOWLS: Alexandra Road club wins Gorefield Bowls Club’s ‘Monday Afternoon KO Cup’ over weekend
- Credit: Supplied
Members of a Fenland bowls club celebrated over the weekend after scooping first place in a local competition.
The Alexandra Road Bowls Club from Wisbech won the Gorefield Bowls Club Monday Afternoon KO Cup on Saturday, September 21.
Alexandra players Mick West, Rolo Rowland and Perry Hall beat 'Preserves' 16 by 9.
Organised by Paul Carkie, the other player for Alexandras in the Monday Afternoon team was Mick Clark.
The trophy was presented by Margaret Hunt as chair person of the Gorefield Bowls Club at the KO Cup afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hunt said: "It was a very tough competition. We had 10 teams competing throughout the knockout rounds.
"The day of the Afternoon Cup was very busy as we had competitions throughout the day here at Gorefield Bowls Club.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown
"We started the day at 10am and didn't finish competitions until around 7.3opm. Everything from the adult league to the under 18s."
Gorefield Bowls Club is situated at Wolf Lane in the Fenland village and is always home to the region's Monday Afternoon KO Cup.