BOWLS: Alexandra Road club wins Gorefield Bowls Club’s ‘Monday Afternoon KO Cup’ over weekend
- Credit: Supplied
Members of a Fenland bowls club celebrated over the weekend after scooping first place in a local competition.
The Alexandra Road Bowls Club from Wisbech won the Gorefield Bowls Club Monday Afternoon KO Cup on Saturday, September 21.
Alexandra players Mick West, Rolo Rowland and Perry Hall beat 'Preserves' 16 by 9.
Organised by Paul Carkie, the other player for Alexandras in the Monday Afternoon team was Mick Clark.
The trophy was presented by Margaret Hunt as chair person of the Gorefield Bowls Club at the KO Cup afternoon.
Ms Hunt said: "It was a very tough competition. We had 10 teams competing throughout the knockout rounds.
"The day of the Afternoon Cup was very busy as we had competitions throughout the day here at Gorefield Bowls Club.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
"We started the day at 10am and didn't finish competitions until around 7.3opm. Everything from the adult league to the under 18s."
Gorefield Bowls Club is situated at Wolf Lane in the Fenland village and is always home to the region's Monday Afternoon KO Cup.