Father and son receive top honour from British National Martial Arts Association
FATHER and son Steve and Seb King have been honoured by the British National Martial Arts Association. The two fourth dan black belts, who are chief instructors at the Samurai Karate School, which holds classes in Wisbech, Outwell and Terrington St Clemen
FATHER and son Steve and Seb King have been honoured by the British National Martial Arts Association.
The two fourth dan black belts, who are chief instructors at the Samurai Karate School, which holds classes in Wisbech, Outwell and Terrington St Clement, were presented with National Instructor awards for excellence in standards and results achieved.
They were also commended for the development of their art of karate.
The Samurai School has achieved more than 50 passes at first dan and above in the past nine years with several students now ranking second, third and fourth dans.
Steve King said: "We are extremely proud of the achievements of our school and the hard work of our students.
"We are also proud of our coaching team which has contributed to this success.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 3 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 7 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
"We have recently restructured the coaching team and added newly qualified coaches so our team is now the best we have ever had.
"We never rest on our laurels and are always striving to make improvements."
The awards were presented by head of the British National Martial Arts Association and the Black Belt International group, eighth dan black belt Paul Griffin, and Hollywood martial arts actress Karen Shepherd, at a ceremony in Bradford.
For class details contact Sensei Steve King 07843 414433.