Father and son receive top honour from British National Martial Arts Association
FATHER and son Steve and Seb King have been honoured by the British National Martial Arts Association. The two fourth dan black belts, who are chief instructors at the Samurai Karate School, which holds classes in Wisbech, Outwell and Terrington St Clemen
FATHER and son Steve and Seb King have been honoured by the British National Martial Arts Association.
The two fourth dan black belts, who are chief instructors at the Samurai Karate School, which holds classes in Wisbech, Outwell and Terrington St Clement, were presented with National Instructor awards for excellence in standards and results achieved.
They were also commended for the development of their art of karate.
The Samurai School has achieved more than 50 passes at first dan and above in the past nine years with several students now ranking second, third and fourth dans.
You may also want to watch:
Steve King said: "We are extremely proud of the achievements of our school and the hard work of our students.
"We are also proud of our coaching team which has contributed to this success.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
"We have recently restructured the coaching team and added newly qualified coaches so our team is now the best we have ever had.
"We never rest on our laurels and are always striving to make improvements."
The awards were presented by head of the British National Martial Arts Association and the Black Belt International group, eighth dan black belt Paul Griffin, and Hollywood martial arts actress Karen Shepherd, at a ceremony in Bradford.
For class details contact Sensei Steve King 07843 414433.