Famous five earn their black belts
FIVE Wisbech Taekwon-do students earned black belts at a grading session in Downham Market. James Else, Jasmine Griffiths, Dawn Murat, Stuart Murat and Jake Parrin all received the honor after successfully completing a grueling two-hour exam after a two a
FIVE Wisbech Taekwon-do students earned black belts at a grading session in Downham Market.
James Else, Jasmine Griffiths, Dawn Murat, Stuart Murat and Jake Parrin all received the honor after successfully completing a grueling two-hour exam after a two and a half hour seminar.
All are members of the members of the Carter School of Taekwon-do.
Instructor Anthony Carter said: "The black belt entitles them to wear with pride a belt embroidered with gold thread, and to become bodyguards to the Royal Household of Korea, a now defunct honor but nevertheless one which is steeped in tradition and a recognition of the skill required to achieve such a high accolade."
He added: "It is very unusual for five to go through at the same time, and for them all to come from the same school was rare indeed.
"It proves that the Wisbech school is aiming for the best.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
"Taekwon-do is now recognised s an Olympic sport and it is fair to say that Wisbech may have some aspiration towards being considered to provide a member or two for the national squad if they continue working as hard as they are."
Dominic Marcinkevicious, from Wisbech, also attended the grading and received an A-Level pass on his red belt.
Mr Carter runs classes at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings between 6-7pm.
For further information contact Mr Carter on 01366 387601 or 07768 634332.