EXCLUSIVE: Wisbech Town boss Appleby hoping to sign highly-rated Grantham Town midfielder Adam Millson
WISBECH Town boss Steve Appleby is battling to sign highly-rated Grantham Town midfielder Adam Millson.
A host of clubs are believed to be interested in the 20-year-old who joined the Gingerbreads in August after being released by Boston United.
Millson burst onto the scene during the 2008-2009 season and collected all five of Boston United’s player of the year awards as he helped The Pilgrims gain promotion to the Blue Square North.
The Fenmen boss, who put in a seven-day approach for Millson last week, said: “I heard he was unhappy at Grantham so I thought I would test the water.
“Obviously I’m aware a few clubs are looking at him so we’ve got a bit of a battle on our hands.
“He’s a player I’ve admired from my Boston United days because he’s got a bit of everything.
“He’s a box-to-box player, creative and works very hard. He’d be a great addition to our side.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
“I’ve spoken to him and I’ll speak to him again tonight. I’m hoping to persuade him to sign for us.”
The talented youngster has battled back from a broken leg he sustained while playing for Boston in 2009 and is rumoured to be wanted by the Fenmen’s fierce rivals King’s Lynn Town.