EXCLUSIVE: Wisbech Town boss Appleby hoping to sign highly-rated Grantham Town midfielder Adam Millson
WISBECH Town boss Steve Appleby is battling to sign highly-rated Grantham Town midfielder Adam Millson.
A host of clubs are believed to be interested in the 20-year-old who joined the Gingerbreads in August after being released by Boston United.
Millson burst onto the scene during the 2008-2009 season and collected all five of Boston United’s player of the year awards as he helped The Pilgrims gain promotion to the Blue Square North.
The Fenmen boss, who put in a seven-day approach for Millson last week, said: “I heard he was unhappy at Grantham so I thought I would test the water.
“Obviously I’m aware a few clubs are looking at him so we’ve got a bit of a battle on our hands.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s a player I’ve admired from my Boston United days because he’s got a bit of everything.
“He’s a box-to-box player, creative and works very hard. He’d be a great addition to our side.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 5 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
“I’ve spoken to him and I’ll speak to him again tonight. I’m hoping to persuade him to sign for us.”
The talented youngster has battled back from a broken leg he sustained while playing for Boston in 2009 and is rumoured to be wanted by the Fenmen’s fierce rivals King’s Lynn Town.