Eight new players expected to feature as Wisbech Town get set for opening friendly against neighbours Spalding
- Credit: Archant
There will be a host of new faces on show when Wisbech Town kick off their pre-season schedule with a tasty home clash against Spalding United on Saturday.
New additions Aaron Butcher, Luke Hipwell, Rob Hughes, Jack Brand, Luke Kennedy, Charley Saunders, Ollie Gale and Nick Davey are all expected to feature.
Manager Brett Whaley says he is “pleased” with how his squad is shaping up and looking forward to seeing how his players gel together in Saturday’s game - the first of six in a packed three week pre-season.
He said: “It’s been a very busy summer - we’ve worked hard to get players to stay and bring quality into the group. We feel we are one player away from a competitive squad. “I’m really pleased with where we are at. Now, we’ve got six games in three weeks to get the players to gel together.
“Our fitness is ok. We know how we want to play. Now we can get some game time to work on a few things.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech have been drawn at home to Diss Town in FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round on August 15.
The last time the sides met, in March 2013, Wisbech won 6-2.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 8 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
Winners are at home to Holbeach United or Ely City.