Edgeller and Albutt star as Wisbech win again
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kept up the pressure on Tucker Gardner league leaders Godmanchester with a comfortable six wicket win over Histon at Harecroft Road.
Wisbech bowled first and skittled Histon for 134. The star bowler was Paul Edgeller, who took 4-44. The remaining wickets were shared between Tom Meyrick (2-18), Brodie Ellis (2-21) and Sam Rippington (2-34).
In reply, Wisbech got off to an excellent start with a big opening partnership between Sam Albutt (68) and Meyrick (44).
The hosts then lost Josh Bowers and Jamie Gollands cheaply but there was never any chance of them not getting over the line.
It was Wisbech’s seventh win of the season out of 10 games. Now, they are just five points behind Godmanchester. Up next is a trip to fourth place Nassington.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech III held their nerve in a thriller to beat Isleham by five runs in CCA Junior League 2N.
Wisbech III batted first and posted an under-par 135 all out, but the bowlers then worked their magic to dismiss Isleham for 130.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son