Edgeller and Albutt star as Wisbech win again
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kept up the pressure on Tucker Gardner league leaders Godmanchester with a comfortable six wicket win over Histon at Harecroft Road.
Wisbech bowled first and skittled Histon for 134. The star bowler was Paul Edgeller, who took 4-44. The remaining wickets were shared between Tom Meyrick (2-18), Brodie Ellis (2-21) and Sam Rippington (2-34).
In reply, Wisbech got off to an excellent start with a big opening partnership between Sam Albutt (68) and Meyrick (44).
The hosts then lost Josh Bowers and Jamie Gollands cheaply but there was never any chance of them not getting over the line.
It was Wisbech’s seventh win of the season out of 10 games. Now, they are just five points behind Godmanchester. Up next is a trip to fourth place Nassington.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech III held their nerve in a thriller to beat Isleham by five runs in CCA Junior League 2N.
Wisbech III batted first and posted an under-par 135 all out, but the bowlers then worked their magic to dismiss Isleham for 130.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films