Edgeller and Albutt star as Wisbech win again
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech kept up the pressure on Tucker Gardner league leaders Godmanchester with a comfortable six wicket win over Histon at Harecroft Road.
Wisbech bowled first and skittled Histon for 134. The star bowler was Paul Edgeller, who took 4-44. The remaining wickets were shared between Tom Meyrick (2-18), Brodie Ellis (2-21) and Sam Rippington (2-34).
In reply, Wisbech got off to an excellent start with a big opening partnership between Sam Albutt (68) and Meyrick (44).
The hosts then lost Josh Bowers and Jamie Gollands cheaply but there was never any chance of them not getting over the line.
It was Wisbech’s seventh win of the season out of 10 games. Now, they are just five points behind Godmanchester. Up next is a trip to fourth place Nassington.
Wisbech III held their nerve in a thriller to beat Isleham by five runs in CCA Junior League 2N.
Wisbech III batted first and posted an under-par 135 all out, but the bowlers then worked their magic to dismiss Isleham for 130.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire