Double glory for Wisbech martial arts club
A WISBECH mixed martial arts club came away with two wins from three fights at a show called Tsunami. Tom White and Madars Vikas of the Avaddon MMA both won on unanimous decisions while their club-mate Mark Durrington was unfortunate to lose on a majorit
A WISBECH mixed martial arts club came away with two wins from three fights at a show called Tsunami.
Tom White and Madars Vikas of the Avaddon MMA both won on unanimous decisions while their club-mate Mark Durrington was unfortunate to lose on a majority decision.
They were all fighting at the East Coast Fight Factory show in Cambridge.
White produced a flawless display in his 66kg featherweight MMA bout against Force MMA's Ben Jones.
You may also want to watch:
He took Jones down to the mat and dominated in his opponent's guard, throwing some shots to the body and easily dealt with submission attempts.
Vikas recovered from a shaky spell to beat Diesel Gym's experienced James Ro in a 75kg kickboxing contest.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
He looked sharp from the start but got caught with a couple of hooks that rocked him and very nearly ended the bout.
Vikas came back strongly and floored Ro twice on his way to victory.
Durrington dominated the start of his 70kg amateur MMA match against South Beds Kickboxing Academy's Philip Hearn but was kept out of position in the second half of the bout.
Avaddon MMA will be back in action at a show in Norwich on July 17.
Club members train at Hudson Leisure Centre on Mondays from 8-9.30pm and Thursdays from 7-9.30pm.
For more information, visit www.avaddonmma.com