Dick Creasey named Wisbech Town caretaker manager but rules out permanent return
FORMER Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey has returned to the club as caretaker boss following Gary Setchell s move to Lynn FC. But the 52-year-old from Boston has ruled out a permanent move to the Fenmen. Creasey said: Wisbech is a fantastic club and I h
FORMER Wisbech Town manager Dick Creasey has returned to the club as caretaker boss following Gary Setchell's move to Lynn FC.
But the 52-year-old from Boston has ruled out a permanent move to the Fenmen.
Creasey said: "Wisbech is a fantastic club and I had a great time there when I was manager but I work for myself and don't have time to do the job permanently.
"I'm happy to help the club out until they find a manager, whether that be for a few weeks or until the end of the season.
"Setch did a superb job and hopefully we can continue the good work that he has done. It seems he received an offer he couldn't refuse to manage his home town club and I wish him the best of luck.
"There are exciting times ahead at Wisbech Town, with the move to the new ground and it's a great challenge for anyone who wants to come in and take in permanently."
- 1 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 2 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 6 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 7 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 8 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 9 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
Creasey dismissed fears that Setchell will bring half of the Wisbech team with him to King's Lynn.
He said: "Lynn FC won't be playing until next season so at the moment it's not a concern for me. Players won't leave and not play football for six months. I think the players are very excited to see what happens at Wisbech and who will come in as the permanent manager."
Creasey will meet up for his first training session with the squad tomorrow night.
He will be assisted by Ross McNeil and Darren Edey.