Defensive mistakes cost Wisbech Rugby Club’s first team dearly in 45-36 defeat
DEFENSIVE mistakes cost Wisbech Rugby Club’s first team dearly as they lost 45-36 against Campion on Saturday.
Tries from fly-half Will Pettit, Mark Laws and Joe Barfoot were enough to secure the team a try bonus point despite the defeat in Romford during a high-scoring affair.
The lead changed hands several times during a thrilling encounter that saw Campion open their account within a minute as both sides looked to attack at every opportunity.
Wisbech’s hard-working front row had an excellent afternoon and the visitors were ahead by a single point with less than ten minutes to play.
However, Campion’s sizeable pack added further scores to take the game from Wisbech’s reach.
You may also want to watch:
Both Wisbech sides are at home this weekend as the first team entertain Basildon and the seconds host Holt II.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films