Defender Kaylie scores four as Leverington Ladies end winless run in style
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies ended their three-game winless run in style as Kaylie Swinden scored four to record a comprehensive win.
Euan Simpson’s side won 5-1 at Cambridge City Ladies 3rds in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division on Sunday, and took the lead as Swinden bundled a Chloe Stanborough corner over the line.
Swinden, who usually plays centre-back, then converted another Stanborough corner, this time with her head, before completing her hat-trick inside 16 minutes from a third corner.
Leverington were dominating, but the hosts worked hard in a bid to keep the scoreline down.
Ashleigh Rose Scott powered home for her first Leverington goal, before Swinden capped a commanding performance when she latched onto a Chelsea King free-kick to score her fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridge grabbed a late consolation after the break with a powerful volley, but it was a well-earned victory for Leverington who host Fulbourn Institute Bluebirds on Sunday, November 1, 2pm.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction