One in, one out as defender calls time on Fenmen
- Credit: Wisbech Town FC
It’s one in and one out in the defensive department for Wisbech Town FC.
Jay Whyatt has left the Fenmen for a football scholarship in the United States, while centre-back Ben Richards has arrived from nearby Spalding United.
Writing on Facebook, Whyatt said he was to begin his new career from Friday, January 15 and thanked the club for their support.
He wrote: “I would just like to take a moment and say thank you to everyone involved at the club, supporters, players and coaching team for a great couple of years.
“I have no doubt that the boys will push on and have a strong finish to the season when it restarts.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Richards, who also played for United Counties League side Pinchbeck United, stands at nearly seven foot tall and has previous experience at step four, which Wisbech play at.
Wisbech are due to submit their views to the Northern Premier League on whether or not to continue the 2020-21 season this week.
- 1 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 4 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 5 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 6 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 7 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 8 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 9 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls
- 10 My family of 10 would have made light work of lockdown in the 50s