Darts world champions Martin Adams and Trina Gulliver to play in March
TWO darts world champions will be playing in March this weekend. Martin Wolfie Adams and ladies champion Trina Gulliver will be playing in a county match between Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire at the United Services Club. Both players will be in actio
TWO darts world champions will be playing in March this weekend.
Martin "Wolfie" Adams and ladies' champion Trina Gulliver will be playing in a county match between Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire at the United Services Club.
Both players will be in action on Sunday.
Adams, won the BDO world title for the second time at Lakeside on Sunday, will play for Cambridgeshire men's A.
You may also want to watch:
Gulliver, who picked up her eighth world title on Friday, will represent Warwickshire ladies' A.
Cambridgeshire chairman Peter Melton, from Chatteris, said: "It's great to have two world champions here at the same time. Hopefully they will bring their trophies.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
"They will have plenty of time to talk to fans. I know Martin well and he always has time for people.
"Martin is right up there now with darts greats like Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow and John Lowe and Trina has been dominant in ladies' darts for years.
"She lost a county match to Yorkshire's Karen Lawman at the start of the season. That was her first county defeat in more than 10 years!"
The B team matches will be played from 11.30am on Saturday and the A team games will be from 12.30pm on Sunday.
This is the fourth of nine matches.
Cambridgeshire are currently seventh in the 10-team table and Warwickshire are bottom.