Darts world champions Martin Adams and Trina Gulliver to play in March
TWO darts world champions will be playing in March this weekend. Martin Wolfie Adams and ladies champion Trina Gulliver will be playing in a county match between Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire at the United Services Club. Both players will be in actio
TWO darts world champions will be playing in March this weekend.
Martin "Wolfie" Adams and ladies' champion Trina Gulliver will be playing in a county match between Cambridgeshire and Warwickshire at the United Services Club.
Both players will be in action on Sunday.
Adams, won the BDO world title for the second time at Lakeside on Sunday, will play for Cambridgeshire men's A.
You may also want to watch:
Gulliver, who picked up her eighth world title on Friday, will represent Warwickshire ladies' A.
Cambridgeshire chairman Peter Melton, from Chatteris, said: "It's great to have two world champions here at the same time. Hopefully they will bring their trophies.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
"They will have plenty of time to talk to fans. I know Martin well and he always has time for people.
"Martin is right up there now with darts greats like Phil Taylor, Eric Bristow and John Lowe and Trina has been dominant in ladies' darts for years.
"She lost a county match to Yorkshire's Karen Lawman at the start of the season. That was her first county defeat in more than 10 years!"
The B team matches will be played from 11.30am on Saturday and the A team games will be from 12.30pm on Sunday.
This is the fourth of nine matches.
Cambridgeshire are currently seventh in the 10-team table and Warwickshire are bottom.