CWA’s motorsport race team off to flying start
- Credit: Archant
The College of West Anglia’s racing team brought home five trophies from Silverstone at the Mini Challenge.
The team took three cars; Chris Middleton in car 78 and Neal Clarke in car 50 took on the Cooper AM class, followed by Andrew Tsang in car 53, who competed in the Open Class. As well as five trophies, they achieved two P2 finishes.
JP Latham, motorsport and engineering lecturer for the college, said: “We saw some amazing driving by all three drivers and an unfaltering performance by the staff and students all weekend.
“They prepared and ran not one but three racing cars all weekend, performing fixes such as battery changes and multiple setup variations throughout the weekend.
“This was an unforgettable round two of what is shaping up to be a great race championship.”
You may also want to watch:
After 2 rounds of racing, at Snetterton and Silverstone, the college’s driver, Chris Middleton, is in second position overall.
The team head to Rockingham later this month.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash