CWA’s motorsport race team off to flying start
- Credit: Archant
The College of West Anglia’s racing team brought home five trophies from Silverstone at the Mini Challenge.
The team took three cars; Chris Middleton in car 78 and Neal Clarke in car 50 took on the Cooper AM class, followed by Andrew Tsang in car 53, who competed in the Open Class. As well as five trophies, they achieved two P2 finishes.
JP Latham, motorsport and engineering lecturer for the college, said: “We saw some amazing driving by all three drivers and an unfaltering performance by the staff and students all weekend.
“They prepared and ran not one but three racing cars all weekend, performing fixes such as battery changes and multiple setup variations throughout the weekend.
“This was an unforgettable round two of what is shaping up to be a great race championship.”
You may also want to watch:
After 2 rounds of racing, at Snetterton and Silverstone, the college’s driver, Chris Middleton, is in second position overall.
The team head to Rockingham later this month.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens