Crucial weekend for the Fenmen
THE Fenmen s future could be decided this weekend with player-manager Gary Setchell meeting the board and crucial matches in the Ridgeons Premier Division relegation scrap being played. Wisbech take on Felixstowe and Walton United at home on Saturday whi
THE Fenmen's future could be decided this weekend with player-manager Gary Setchell meeting the board and crucial matches in the Ridgeons Premier Division relegation scrap being played.
Wisbech take on Felixstowe and Walton United at home on Saturday while Norwich United, who occupy the final relegation spot, five points behind the Fenmen, play at CRC on Thursday night.
Both clubs will have two remaining fixtures after the weekend.
Setchell said: "Felixstowe beat us 5-2 at their place and they are a good footballing side, but I see it as a winnable game and I want to make sure we don't have to endure a nervous final game of the season."
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech did not play at the weekend and Norwich pulled off a surprise 3-1 win over Ely City, despite playing much of the second half with nine men.
Setchell said: "Norwich are showing some character and it's obvious that we can't sit back and expect them to lose."
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
He added: "I'll meet with the board in the next few days and we will discuss if I am to be the Wisbech manager next season. I want the job, but we will have to see what happens.