CRICKET: Wisbech Grammar launches new 2018 coaching sessions
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School is to launch a new cricket academy next month.
Former Northants player Neil Taylor – the school’s head of cricket – will be responsible for the new venture. Taylor is also chairman of Norfolk Youth Cricket.
Under 11 and Under 15 courses – each lasting for nine sessions from January 16 to March 20 - will be held on Tuesday evenings and are open to the wider community as well as Wisbech Grammar School pupils.
Players will work on specific skills focusing on technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the game.
The Under 11 course will be between 5.30pm and 6.30pm and is open to children currently in school years four to six. The Under 15 course runs at 6.45pm to 7.45pm for those in school years seven to 10.
There will be a minimal charge for participation and further details are available from Phil Webb on PJWebb@wisbechgrammar.com
- 1 Mechanic turned astrophotographer's stunning images of space
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Academy students pitch to the ‘dragons’ for new sports club
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Memories of Meat Loaf in Norfolk following the news of his death
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told