CRICKET: Wisbech Grammar launches new 2018 coaching sessions
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Grammar School is to launch a new cricket academy next month.
Former Northants player Neil Taylor – the school’s head of cricket – will be responsible for the new venture. Taylor is also chairman of Norfolk Youth Cricket.
Under 11 and Under 15 courses – each lasting for nine sessions from January 16 to March 20 - will be held on Tuesday evenings and are open to the wider community as well as Wisbech Grammar School pupils.
Players will work on specific skills focusing on technical, tactical, physical and mental aspects of the game.
The Under 11 course will be between 5.30pm and 6.30pm and is open to children currently in school years four to six. The Under 15 course runs at 6.45pm to 7.45pm for those in school years seven to 10.
You may also want to watch:
There will be a minimal charge for participation and further details are available from Phil Webb on PJWebb@wisbechgrammar.com
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia