CRICKET: Milestone moment for Cambrideshire captain James Williams
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech cricketer James Williams completed a century of a different kind last Sunday.
Williams made his 100th appearance for Cambridgeshire as they faced Norfolk in two Unicorns Minor Counties T20 clashes.
And Williams, who skippers the county side, was able to celebrate in style as Cambridgeshire collected two victories – by 53 runs and two wickets respectively - against their hosts at Horsford.
“I’ve been around far too long!” joked Williams after reaching the milestone. “In all seriousness it’s a great honour to have made 100 appearances.
“I’ve absolutely loved my time as a Cambs player and to win both games on Sunday made it even better.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambs posted 156-9 in the opening clash before removing Norfolk for 103.
Norfolk batted first in the second contest and piled up 195-5, but Cambs snatched victory with another Wisbech man, Josh Bowers, making a valuable 32.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 3 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer