CRICKET: Milestone moment for Cambrideshire captain James Williams
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech cricketer James Williams completed a century of a different kind last Sunday.
Williams made his 100th appearance for Cambridgeshire as they faced Norfolk in two Unicorns Minor Counties T20 clashes.
And Williams, who skippers the county side, was able to celebrate in style as Cambridgeshire collected two victories – by 53 runs and two wickets respectively - against their hosts at Horsford.
“I’ve been around far too long!” joked Williams after reaching the milestone. “In all seriousness it’s a great honour to have made 100 appearances.
“I’ve absolutely loved my time as a Cambs player and to win both games on Sunday made it even better.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambs posted 156-9 in the opening clash before removing Norfolk for 103.
Norfolk batted first in the second contest and piled up 195-5, but Cambs snatched victory with another Wisbech man, Josh Bowers, making a valuable 32.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned