CRICKET: Milestone moment for Cambrideshire captain James Williams
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech cricketer James Williams completed a century of a different kind last Sunday.
Williams made his 100th appearance for Cambridgeshire as they faced Norfolk in two Unicorns Minor Counties T20 clashes.
And Williams, who skippers the county side, was able to celebrate in style as Cambridgeshire collected two victories – by 53 runs and two wickets respectively - against their hosts at Horsford.
“I’ve been around far too long!” joked Williams after reaching the milestone. “In all seriousness it’s a great honour to have made 100 appearances.
“I’ve absolutely loved my time as a Cambs player and to win both games on Sunday made it even better.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambs posted 156-9 in the opening clash before removing Norfolk for 103.
Norfolk batted first in the second contest and piled up 195-5, but Cambs snatched victory with another Wisbech man, Josh Bowers, making a valuable 32.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers