CRICKET: Freear fires his 1,000th run this season as Wisbech see off St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Gary Freaar chalked up his 1,000th Saturday run this season as Wisbech claimed their second straight Whiting & Partners Division One triumph last weekend.
James Williams contributed his best Saturday innings this season with a top-scoring total of 60, whilst Josh Bowers also impressed with 58.
Freear then joined Jamie Gollands in taking three wickets and Kieran Haynes, Paul Edgellar and Parth Patel chipped in with one wicket apiece to reduce the Hunts side to 219 after their 50 overs.
Third-place Wisbech go to second-place Ramsey this Saturday (12.30pm).
However, Wisbech’s Sunday side were unable to reproduce their good form in the Rutland League the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The local lads were only able to post 157 in their meeting with Oundle Town, with just two batsmen – Jamie Gollands (40) and Parth Patel (49) hitting over 25 runs.
Oundle then made easy work of reaching 158, keeping six wickets in tact in the process.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen