CRICKET: Freear fires his 1,000th run this season as Wisbech see off St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Gary Freaar chalked up his 1,000th Saturday run this season as Wisbech claimed their second straight Whiting & Partners Division One triumph last weekend.
James Williams contributed his best Saturday innings this season with a top-scoring total of 60, whilst Josh Bowers also impressed with 58.
Freear then joined Jamie Gollands in taking three wickets and Kieran Haynes, Paul Edgellar and Parth Patel chipped in with one wicket apiece to reduce the Hunts side to 219 after their 50 overs.
Third-place Wisbech go to second-place Ramsey this Saturday (12.30pm).
However, Wisbech’s Sunday side were unable to reproduce their good form in the Rutland League the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The local lads were only able to post 157 in their meeting with Oundle Town, with just two batsmen – Jamie Gollands (40) and Parth Patel (49) hitting over 25 runs.
Oundle then made easy work of reaching 158, keeping six wickets in tact in the process.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer