CRICKET: Freear fires his 1,000th run this season as Wisbech see off St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Gary Freaar chalked up his 1,000th Saturday run this season as Wisbech claimed their second straight Whiting & Partners Division One triumph last weekend.
James Williams contributed his best Saturday innings this season with a top-scoring total of 60, whilst Josh Bowers also impressed with 58.
Freear then joined Jamie Gollands in taking three wickets and Kieran Haynes, Paul Edgellar and Parth Patel chipped in with one wicket apiece to reduce the Hunts side to 219 after their 50 overs.
Third-place Wisbech go to second-place Ramsey this Saturday (12.30pm).
However, Wisbech’s Sunday side were unable to reproduce their good form in the Rutland League the following day.
You may also want to watch:
The local lads were only able to post 157 in their meeting with Oundle Town, with just two batsmen – Jamie Gollands (40) and Parth Patel (49) hitting over 25 runs.
Oundle then made easy work of reaching 158, keeping six wickets in tact in the process.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer