Comfortable 3-0 win makes it a classy start to 2011 for Wisbech Town
THE Fenmen kicked off 2011 in style with a classy 3-0 win over Mildenhall Town.
Wisbech tore the visitors to shreds and could have scored a hatful had the visiting keeper not been in inspired form.
Ash Stevens and Callum Reed put the hosts 2-0 ahead before the break and the impressive Lewis Thompson added a third to wrap up the victory.
Darren Jimson nearly put the icing on the cake with a wonder goal during the closing stages but his great effort from just inside the half-way line struck the bar.
You may also want to watch:
• There will be a Fans’ Forum at the Tom Wood’s Beer Fenland Stadium this Thursday (January 6). First team boss Steve Appleby will be present to answer questions and chairman Barry Carter is expected to attend. The evening starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’