Three Counties’ Tracy battles adversity to achieve her marathon goal
- Credit: Archant
Tracy Adams marked a personal achievement after battling adversity to achieve her goal.
The Three Counties Running Club member trained for a marathon a few years ago, but pulled out and took a year off the track.
After booking the Peterborough half-marathon, Covid-19 struck and the event was cancelled, but on Sunday, she covered the 26.2-mile distance with a little help from her friends.
Tracy, joined at different stages by teammates, finished the route in 4:43:55.
Matt Hunter also took on his own challenge part way through Tracy’s run by completing 27.8 miles in a time of 5:16:48.
The Thetford Trails 10k race proved wet and muddy for TCRC members, which consisted of a two-lap run through High Lodge.
Steve Rhodes finished the course in 50:02, followed by Amy Baxter in 50:39, Janette Smith in 1:12:09 and Sandra Rhodes in 1:12:10.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 3 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 4 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Care at Home – because home (truly) is where the heart is…
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
This weekend sees members take part in the TCRC virtual Christmas 5k race.