Chessor claims trophy hat-trick at Fenland Running Club presentation night
MEMBERS of Fenland Running Club show off their silverware after celebrating a successful season at their presentation night.
Club chairman Maire Irlam addressed the runners before Greg Tagney presented the awards at Leverington Sports and Social Club.
Lucy Chessor claimed a magnificent trophy hat-trick by picking up the first female, club champion and most improved runner prizes.
Scott Bywater won the first male award, with Gary Bligh named as the best new member.
Jack Trow took the Round Norfolk Relay award, Robbie Howlett claimed the Geoff Tye award and Paul Denwood picked up the Hayden Practice trophy.
Justin Kinsey won the 5K award while Paul Arnold picked up the marathon prize.
Dean Powley was the summer champion and John Chapman and Ann Trett were given special awards for marathon run achievements.
- 1 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 7 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
Greg presented a special trophy, sponsored by the Rose Tavern, to Julie Garner and John Chapman, who were the male and female winners of the Jane Tagney Memorial Mile.