Cambridge City 3-1 Wisbech Town: Fenmen bow out Invitation Cup at semi-final stage
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town fell to higher-level opposition in the last four of the Cambs Invitation Cup last night (February 27).
Dick Creasey’s men came unstuck against a strong Cambridge City side at the Lilywhites’ ProEdge Westwood Road ground, with youngster Liam Adams netting Wisbech’s only goal in their 3-1 defeat.
Charlie Woolfe’s first-half penalty gave the hosts the lead, before Manny Osei doubled Robbie Nightingale’s side’s advantage in the second period.
Adams pulled a goal back with his second strike in three days, but Harry Farrow restored City’s two-goal lead and that was enough to seal their place in the final, where they will take on either Ely City or Wisbech St Mary, who play tonight.
Wisbech will hope to bounce back on Saturday when they have another chance to claim their place in a cup final.
You may also want to watch:
They travel to Desborough Town (3pm) in the last four of the UCL Knockout Cup.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success