Cambridge City 3-1 Wisbech Town: Fenmen bow out Invitation Cup at semi-final stage
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town fell to higher-level opposition in the last four of the Cambs Invitation Cup last night (February 27).
Dick Creasey’s men came unstuck against a strong Cambridge City side at the Lilywhites’ ProEdge Westwood Road ground, with youngster Liam Adams netting Wisbech’s only goal in their 3-1 defeat.
Charlie Woolfe’s first-half penalty gave the hosts the lead, before Manny Osei doubled Robbie Nightingale’s side’s advantage in the second period.
Adams pulled a goal back with his second strike in three days, but Harry Farrow restored City’s two-goal lead and that was enough to seal their place in the final, where they will take on either Ely City or Wisbech St Mary, who play tonight.
Wisbech will hope to bounce back on Saturday when they have another chance to claim their place in a cup final.
You may also want to watch:
They travel to Desborough Town (3pm) in the last four of the UCL Knockout Cup.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned