Brown close to win over national champ
A CONTROVERSIAL majority decision saw Chatteris boxer Chris Brown denied a win over a national champion. Brown, an Eastern Counties Light Heavyweight champion, lost to Northampton ABC s Arthur Daily at the Northampton Open Show last Friday. Many were surp
A CONTROVERSIAL majority decision saw Chatteris boxer Chris Brown denied a win over a national champion.
Brown, an Eastern Counties Light Heavyweight champion, lost to Northampton ABC's Arthur Daily at the Northampton Open Show last Friday.
Many were surprised at the decision in favour of Daily, winner of last season's National under-20 Novice Championships.
Chatteris coach Paul Gill said: "I thought Chris had done enough to win and he was unlucky. It shows how much he's improved to come so close against a national champion."
You may also want to watch:
On the same night Brown's club-mate Jordan Tilsley lost on a majority decision, to Northampton's Steve McAbe.
Gill said: "Jordan boxed well in his match and it easily could have won on another day. Both Jordan and Chris are training hard and keep on improving. They've both come a long way."
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Chatteris boxers Joseph Payne and Aaron Robinson are in action in King's Lynn on Saturday, with Robinson competing in the semi-finals of the Novice Championships.
Tickets are still available for the Chatteris ABC Open Show, which is being held at Cromwell Community College, on December 13.
Tickets are £30 with a three-course dinner and £10 without and are available by calling 01354 693630.
Doors open at 6.30pm.