BOWLS: It’s a family affair at CMB Bowls Club’s Les Howard Trophy showdown
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity event at CMB Bowls Club turned into a family affair.
The grandfather-and-grandson combination of Doug Thorpe and Joseph Gowler won the 15th staging of the Les Howard Trophy.
They beat brothers Lewis and Dale Parnell in the final at the Railway Road green as £450 was raised for Macmillan Palliative Care Wisbech.
A total of 40 bowlers from clubs as far afield as Oakham, Hunstanton and Huntingdon took part in the pairs event organised by John Fox.
It featured four games for each duo in four mini-leagues, with the winners of each section progressing to the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
It was generously sponsored by Terry and Tina Hawkins, of Fenland Fire Appliance LLP.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 6 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 7 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant