BOWLS: It’s a family affair at CMB Bowls Club’s Les Howard Trophy showdown
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity event at CMB Bowls Club turned into a family affair.
The grandfather-and-grandson combination of Doug Thorpe and Joseph Gowler won the 15th staging of the Les Howard Trophy.
They beat brothers Lewis and Dale Parnell in the final at the Railway Road green as £450 was raised for Macmillan Palliative Care Wisbech.
A total of 40 bowlers from clubs as far afield as Oakham, Hunstanton and Huntingdon took part in the pairs event organised by John Fox.
It featured four games for each duo in four mini-leagues, with the winners of each section progressing to the semi-finals.
You may also want to watch:
It was generously sponsored by Terry and Tina Hawkins, of Fenland Fire Appliance LLP.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 9 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 10 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation