BOWLS: CMB bowl over opposition at North Cambs County Outdoor Championships
- Credit: Archant
CMB were the big winners at the North Cambs Bowls Association’s County Outdoor Championships last weekend.
The Wisbech club claimed six wins over the three-day tournament in St Lawrence, including wins in the men’s senior singles, ladies pairs and men’s senior pairs.
Gorefield were second in the victory chart with five successes, Emneth were next up with three – including a win in the under 25 singles – March Town enjoyed three trophy wins, as did Gedney Hill, and St Lawrence, King William and Marshland all triumphed in one category.
The competition’s top individual bowler was Margaret Hunt of Gorefield, who lifted silverware in four categories.
All county champions will now go on to represent North Cambridgeshire at the National EBF finals in Skegness from August 21 to 25.
You may also want to watch:
For the full list of winners, visit www.northcambsebf.co.uk.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son