BOWLS: CMB bowl over opposition at North Cambs County Outdoor Championships
- Credit: Archant
CMB were the big winners at the North Cambs Bowls Association’s County Outdoor Championships last weekend.
The Wisbech club claimed six wins over the three-day tournament in St Lawrence, including wins in the men’s senior singles, ladies pairs and men’s senior pairs.
Gorefield were second in the victory chart with five successes, Emneth were next up with three – including a win in the under 25 singles – March Town enjoyed three trophy wins, as did Gedney Hill, and St Lawrence, King William and Marshland all triumphed in one category.
The competition’s top individual bowler was Margaret Hunt of Gorefield, who lifted silverware in four categories.
All county champions will now go on to represent North Cambridgeshire at the National EBF finals in Skegness from August 21 to 25.
You may also want to watch:
For the full list of winners, visit www.northcambsebf.co.uk.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 5 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 8 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets