Belding's belter downs City
Men s Division 4NW Cambs City IV 0 Wisbech Town II 3 WISBECH moved to second with a hard-fought win. Orlando Prestidge scored the first goal with a penalty flick and Tom Jupp made it 2-0 after a goalmouth scramble. The sound of the backboard was deafen
Men's Division 4NW
Cambs City IV 0 Wisbech Town II 3
WISBECH moved to second with a hard-fought win.
Orlando Prestidge scored the first goal with a penalty flick and Tom Jupp made it 2-0 after a goalmouth scramble.
The sound of the backboard was deafening as Karl Belding's thunderous penalty flick made it 3-0 and the same man completed the scoring by converting Tom Peggs' fine cross.
n Wisbech seconds provided a tough test for Banbury, who play two leagues above them, in the third round of second team trophy on Sunday.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 4 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
Town lost 6-1 but bettered the hosts for large periods of the second half.
Aaron Cobb scored off the post after a superb Wisbech move.
Men's Division 4NW
City of Peterborough VI 1 Wisbech Town III 2
WISBECH overcame a stubborn defence to win.
Man of the match Josh Yates delivered a pinpoint pass to allow Phil Norman to give Town the lead after 20 minutes but Peterborough quickly equalised.
Wisbech reshuffled after Norman limped off with a hamstring injury and Adam Thomas grabbed the winner.
Men's Division 6NW (S)
Wisbech Town V 6 Cambs South IV 2
HUGO ATKINS' strike from the top of the D hit both posts on its way in gave Wisbech the lead.
After Cambs' equaliser Hugo Atkins put away two short corners before Tim Atkins made it 4-1 at half-time.
Cambs scrambled a goal back but Edward Atkins and Matt Wate completed the scoring.