Battling Wisbech Seconds beaten in final pre-season friendly
WISBECH Seconds put in a battling display against higher league opposition in their final pre-season friendly.
The fixture against Swaffham proved a tough test, with Wisbech eventually losing 60-13 at Harecroft Road on Saturday.
Despite the scoreline, Wisbech can take heart from a steely second half performance, which saw them score two tries with Josh Wolf and James Yeagers the scorers. The other points came from a penalty, slotted over by Jack Malkin.
Tim Mason, vice-captain, said: “They are two leagues above us so it was quite a big test for us. There are some good lessons for us to take into the upcoming season.
“We have a good squad of players, with the right mix of young talent and experience, and we should be looking for a top half finish this season.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech Seconds begin their league campaign at Watton this weekend, while the first XV will entertain new boys Bancroft at Harecroft Road.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm