ATHLETICS: West Suffolk is the destination for Fenland Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Four Fenland Running Club talents tackled 18 miles of the West Suffolk countryside last weekend.
Sean Connolly, Andre Pittock, Matt Warren and Neil Bailey took on the Bury to Clare 18-mile run, which took runners through the villages of Hawstead, Whepstead and Somerton on the way to the finishing line at Clare Country Park.
Connolly crossed the line first for Fenland in 2:29:07, earning him a 14th place finish and the men’s MV45 title.
Pittock finished in 2:57:40 to claim 52nd place, Warren completed the challenge in 3:12:03 (77th) and Bailey came 115th with his time of 3:35:10.
Hitting the road for a slightly shorter challenge was Martin Jennings, who was the sole FRC representative at the Deeping 10k.
You may also want to watch:
Jennings was in fine form and crossed the line in third place in a time of 36 minutes and 43 seconds.
He fought off competition from over 230 other runners to grab a spot on the podium.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction