ATHLETICS: West Suffolk is the destination for Fenland Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Four Fenland Running Club talents tackled 18 miles of the West Suffolk countryside last weekend.
Sean Connolly, Andre Pittock, Matt Warren and Neil Bailey took on the Bury to Clare 18-mile run, which took runners through the villages of Hawstead, Whepstead and Somerton on the way to the finishing line at Clare Country Park.
Connolly crossed the line first for Fenland in 2:29:07, earning him a 14th place finish and the men’s MV45 title.
Pittock finished in 2:57:40 to claim 52nd place, Warren completed the challenge in 3:12:03 (77th) and Bailey came 115th with his time of 3:35:10.
Hitting the road for a slightly shorter challenge was Martin Jennings, who was the sole FRC representative at the Deeping 10k.
You may also want to watch:
Jennings was in fine form and crossed the line in third place in a time of 36 minutes and 43 seconds.
He fought off competition from over 230 other runners to grab a spot on the podium.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online