ATHLETICS: Podium finishes and Parkrun bests for Three Counties runners
- Credit: Archant
A Three Counties Running Club braved the freezing conditions to collect podium finishes last Sunday.
Morgan Harrison and Kersten Muller both claimed third places in their age groups at the latest round of the Ryston Runners Cross-Country Series in Norfolk.
Harrison completed a muddy and icy course at Shouldham in 28.43 with Muller clocking 29.15.
Daniel Barnes was the club’s quickest member in Parkrun events last Saturday. He completed the King’s Lynn race in 20.14 where Mark Mattless finished in 22.41.
Graham Rushmer set a new personal best of 21.09 at Brandon where Sarah Johnson finished first in her age group in 26.36. Jonny Clark (22.54), Sarah Lamb (34.13) and Jodie Clark (34.20) also ran there.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Clarke completed the March Parkrun in 34.58.
Three Counties Running Club is staging a Santa Run at Wisbech Park on December 23.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
The event will feature a 5km main race and a 1km fun run along with food and refreshment stalls, a craft stall and a raffle.
All finishers receive a medal and a Santa hat. Entry is £6 in advance through www.threecountiesrc.org or £7 on the day.