ATHLETICS: Podium finishes and Parkrun bests for Three Counties runners
- Credit: Archant
A Three Counties Running Club braved the freezing conditions to collect podium finishes last Sunday.
Morgan Harrison and Kersten Muller both claimed third places in their age groups at the latest round of the Ryston Runners Cross-Country Series in Norfolk.
Harrison completed a muddy and icy course at Shouldham in 28.43 with Muller clocking 29.15.
Daniel Barnes was the club’s quickest member in Parkrun events last Saturday. He completed the King’s Lynn race in 20.14 where Mark Mattless finished in 22.41.
Graham Rushmer set a new personal best of 21.09 at Brandon where Sarah Johnson finished first in her age group in 26.36. Jonny Clark (22.54), Sarah Lamb (34.13) and Jodie Clark (34.20) also ran there.
Steve Clarke completed the March Parkrun in 34.58.
Three Counties Running Club is staging a Santa Run at Wisbech Park on December 23.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
The event will feature a 5km main race and a 1km fun run along with food and refreshment stalls, a craft stall and a raffle.
All finishers receive a medal and a Santa hat. Entry is £6 in advance through www.threecountiesrc.org or £7 on the day.