ATHLETICS: Martin is the first Fenland Running Club finisher in Great Eastern Run
- Credit: Archant
Martin Jennings was the top Fenland Running Club performer in the Great Eastern Run.
Jennings clocked a new personal best of 1:17.44 to finish in 62nd place in the Peterborough half-marathon event which attracted more than 4,000 runners last Sunday.
Andrew Plume also finished inside the top 100 when taking 99th position in a personal best of 1:20.08.
The race also provided the final round of the club’s own championship series and Jennings was a clear winner of that title. It was much tighter in the female standings where Ann Trett prevailed.
Several of the 32 club members who took part were tackling the half-marathon distance for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Two FRC runners recorded identical times at the Tissington Trial Half-Marathon last Saturday. The effort of 2:44.38 was a personal best for Sally King, who ran along with Ian King.
Fenland Running Club results (Great Eastern Run): 62 Martin Jennings 1:17.44 (PB), 99 Andrew Plume 1:20.08 (PB), 322 Rod Sinnott 1:31.05, 356 Stuart Webb 1:32.13, 374 Stuart Follen 1:32.43 (PB), 408 Richard Agger 1:33.38, 422 Paul Griffin 1:33.59, 526 Paul Wiegand 1:36.46, 585 Daniel Spiller 1:37.59, 675 Graham Milham 1:39.42, 685 Ann Trett 1:39.58, 870 Tim Clough 1:44.14, 929 Sarah Gauvin 1:45.20, 970 Chris Rose 1:45.59, 1100 Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 1:48.03, 1202 Gemma Rose 1:49.24, 1219 Nicky Jennings 1:49.24, 1309 Jane Greenwood 1:51.29, 1384 Jon Rowell 1:52.19 (PB), 1402 Carol Bowett 1:52.41, 1666 Steve Bennington 1:56.17, 1972 Sue Barrow 2:00.06, Jane Clarke 2:00.47 (PB), 2224 Emma Smith 2:03.33, 2361 Denise Greffin 2:05.41, 2826 Gemma Reed 2:13.04, 2827 Carly Read 2:13.04, 2539 Stacie Youngs 2:13.19, 2843 Hannah Ryan 2:12.43 (PB), 2860 Julie Garner 2:13.38, 3056 Ramune Raicheliene 2:17.13, 3512 Lucy Hicks 2:28.18, 3694 Larissa Follen 2:24.10.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl