ATHLETICS: It’s anything but slow and uncomfortable for the leading Fenland Running Club team in Hereward Relay
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Running Club entered eight teams in the recent Hereward Relay event.
The 39.6-mile test from Peterborough to Ely is split into four stages and attracted 111 squads in all.
‘Slow Uncomfortable Run Against The Wind’ – featuring Carly Reed, Sean Connolly, Tim Clough and Elisabeth Sennitt Clough – were the leading FRC squad in 40th place overall with a total time of 5:05.51.
The leading individual performers for FRC were Graham Millham (stage one), Martin Jennings (stage two), John Shaw (stage three) and Stuart Webb (stage four).
Other FRC team results . . .
You may also want to watch:
51 ‘Rum Runners (Aaron Petts, Paul Griffin, Jac Richards, Tim Chapman) 5:11.53;
52 ‘Runstar Martini’ (Carol Bowett, Andre Pittock, Julie Garner, Stuart Webb) 5:12.59, 54 ‘The Hurricanes’ (Alan Bird, Nicky Jennings, Maire Kay, Nigel Seale) 5:12.59, 63 ‘White Rushin (Joanne Clarke, Martin Jennings, Larissa Follen, Rod Sinnott) 5:24.24, 67 ‘Tequila Runwise’ (Graham Millham, Julie Garner, John Shaw, Sarah Gauvin) 5:26.57, 82 ‘Daiquin Dashers’ (Lucy Hicks, Shane Draper, Sam Lyddiatt, Ian King) 5:40.57, 83 ‘Gin’ll Fix It’ (David Brammer, Stuart Follen, Gilly Anderson, Ian Milburn) 5:42.03.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
* Martin Jennings was the sole FRC entrant in the Bedford Harriers Half Marathon. He finished 27th out of almost 1,000 runners in a time of 1:22.25 – good enough for second place in the MV45 age group.