ATHLETICS: It’s another action packed weekend for Fenland’s running clubs
- Credit: Archant
It was another busy weekend of action for Fenland’s running clubs.
Three Counties and Fenland Running Club members hit the road on a number of challenges on Saturday and Sunday, starting at the King’s Lynn Park Run.
That race saw Colin Apps (23:14), Mark Southwood (24:40), Zoe Gourley (26:38), Gary Bligh (27:11), Sarah Clark (27:11 PB) and junior runner James Hammond (34:32) perform well.
The following day saw runners take on the Littleport 10k and fun run, and 12-year-old Millie McGlagish impressed by taking the first lady title in the 1km fun run.
First home in the 10k challenge was Adam Chown (43:34), beating his previous best time on the course, and Morgan Harrison (49:10), Mark Mattless (50.59 PB) Teresa Rodrigues (51.48 PB), Robert Morley (53:39), Marc Martin (53:41), Chris Garner (55:24) Dee McClagish (57:30), Jo Garner (57.51), Stephanie Clark (60.35), Anne Marie Utting (65:57) and Chris Anderson (70:00) also crossed the line.
You may also want to watch:
In London, Jonathan Summers took park in his first Olympic Distance Triathlon, covering a 1.5km swim in 33:19, a 37.5km cycle in 1:09:30 and finishing off with a 9.9km run in 48:46.
On the same day, FRC runner Steve Bennington took on the Fitton Lake XC 10k, finishing in 16th place in 52:28.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid