ATHLETICS: It’s another action packed weekend for Fenland’s running clubs
- Credit: Archant
It was another busy weekend of action for Fenland’s running clubs.
Three Counties and Fenland Running Club members hit the road on a number of challenges on Saturday and Sunday, starting at the King’s Lynn Park Run.
That race saw Colin Apps (23:14), Mark Southwood (24:40), Zoe Gourley (26:38), Gary Bligh (27:11), Sarah Clark (27:11 PB) and junior runner James Hammond (34:32) perform well.
The following day saw runners take on the Littleport 10k and fun run, and 12-year-old Millie McGlagish impressed by taking the first lady title in the 1km fun run.
First home in the 10k challenge was Adam Chown (43:34), beating his previous best time on the course, and Morgan Harrison (49:10), Mark Mattless (50.59 PB) Teresa Rodrigues (51.48 PB), Robert Morley (53:39), Marc Martin (53:41), Chris Garner (55:24) Dee McClagish (57:30), Jo Garner (57.51), Stephanie Clark (60.35), Anne Marie Utting (65:57) and Chris Anderson (70:00) also crossed the line.
You may also want to watch:
In London, Jonathan Summers took park in his first Olympic Distance Triathlon, covering a 1.5km swim in 33:19, a 37.5km cycle in 1:09:30 and finishing off with a 9.9km run in 48:46.
On the same day, FRC runner Steve Bennington took on the Fitton Lake XC 10k, finishing in 16th place in 52:28.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry