ATHLETICS: Hundreds hit the road in Leverington for Three Counties’ first George Munday 10k
- Credit: Archant
Runners from across the region descended on Leverington last Sunday for Three Counties Running Club’s first George Munday 10k.
Almost 200 runners took part in the chilly but entertaining challenge and TCRC youngster Morgan Harrison claimed first place in the under 18s race in a new personal best time of 40 minutes and 55 seconds.
Three Counties results: Morgan Harrison 40:55 PB, Daniel Barnes 43:23 PB, Nicole Coughlin 44:31 PB, Graham Rushmer and Lee Johnson both on 46:17 PB, Jonny Clark 47:30, Lauren Day 48:44 PB, Mark Mattless 48:46 PB, Marc Martin 50:10, Tracey Pratt 51:34PB (third in age category),Sarah Clark 51:35 PB, Teresa Rodrigues 51:59 PB, Tracey Else 52:00 PB, Debbie Agger 54:10 PB, Sarah Melton-Whitelam 54:19, Sarah Johnson 56:30 PB, Vicki Drake 59:58, Fay Gratton 1:01:43 PB, Steve Whitelam and Dee Mcclagish 1:02:36 and Anne-Marie Mattless 1:03:17 PB.
Fenland Running Club members also got involved, with Andrew Plume first home in fifth overall in 37 minutes and 51 seconds.
Fenland Running Club results: Andrew Plume 5th 37:21; Shane Draper 9th 39:28; John Shaw 12th 41:25 (PB); Richard Hammond 29th 46:09; Tim Clough 30th 46:14; Richard Williams 46th 48:31; Steve Bennington 52nd 49:11; Jon Rowell 57th 49:41 (PB); Bob Hicks 63rd 50:32 (PB); Aaron Petts 64th 50:41 (PB); Jane Greenwood 65th 50:47 (PB); Roger Williams 76th 52:15; Emma Smith 78th 52:46 (PB); Stacie Youngs 89th 53:48 (PB); Carol Slater-Garner 96th 54:27 (PB); Julie Garner 115th 56:54; Vani Mauremootoo 117th 57:00; Gilly Anderson 132nd 59:35; Joanne Clarke 147th 1:01:17; Lucy Hicks 158th 1:03:12 (PB); Paula Connolly 181st 1:09:52.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of Three Counties, Richard Betts, said: “There is such a lot of paperwork and planning behind the scenes to be able to get this event off the ground but without the help of the sponsors, committee, marshals, stewards, club members and the runners, it would not have happened, so thank you all.
“I would also like to thank Fenland Running Club and March Athletics Club for their support and help on the day. I am really proud to be the chairman of a great club.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault