ATHLETICS: Greater Manchester Marathon is no match for Fenland Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Graham Millham smashed his personal best as a group of Fenland Running Club members tackled the Greater Manchester Marathon last Sunday.
Millham completed the course in a time of 3:17.03 which lowered his previous best for the distance by more than five minutes.
Sean Connolly was the first FRC runner home in 582nd place. The race attracted more than 18,000 competitors.
Several other FRC members were in action in Bedfordshire at the Oakley 20-mile race.
Andrew Plume was the pick of the bunch as he took 12th position overall and second spot in his age bracket.
Sarah Gauvin and Maire Irlam just missed out on age-group medals when finishing fourth in their respective sections.
FRC results: Greater Manchester Marathon: 582 Sean Connolly 3:06.08, 1055 Graham Millham 3:17.03, 2983 Ann Trett 3:45.54, 4398 Keith White 4:02.54, 6635 Neil Bailey 4:40.54.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 9 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Oakley 20-mile race: 12 Andrew Plume 2:09.18, 29 Martin Jennings 2:15.07, 136 Ros Sinott 2:32.19, 143 Tom Richards 2:33.08, 199 Sarah Gauvin 2:39.33, 242 Maire Irlam 2:44.04, 469 Carol Bowett 3:04.33.