ATHLETICS: Greater Manchester Marathon is no match for Fenland Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Graham Millham smashed his personal best as a group of Fenland Running Club members tackled the Greater Manchester Marathon last Sunday.
Millham completed the course in a time of 3:17.03 which lowered his previous best for the distance by more than five minutes.
Sean Connolly was the first FRC runner home in 582nd place. The race attracted more than 18,000 competitors.
Several other FRC members were in action in Bedfordshire at the Oakley 20-mile race.
Andrew Plume was the pick of the bunch as he took 12th position overall and second spot in his age bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gauvin and Maire Irlam just missed out on age-group medals when finishing fourth in their respective sections.
FRC results: Greater Manchester Marathon: 582 Sean Connolly 3:06.08, 1055 Graham Millham 3:17.03, 2983 Ann Trett 3:45.54, 4398 Keith White 4:02.54, 6635 Neil Bailey 4:40.54.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
Oakley 20-mile race: 12 Andrew Plume 2:09.18, 29 Martin Jennings 2:15.07, 136 Ros Sinott 2:32.19, 143 Tom Richards 2:33.08, 199 Sarah Gauvin 2:39.33, 242 Maire Irlam 2:44.04, 469 Carol Bowett 3:04.33.