ATHLETICS: Greater Manchester Marathon is no match for Fenland Running Club members
- Credit: Archant
Graham Millham smashed his personal best as a group of Fenland Running Club members tackled the Greater Manchester Marathon last Sunday.
Millham completed the course in a time of 3:17.03 which lowered his previous best for the distance by more than five minutes.
Sean Connolly was the first FRC runner home in 582nd place. The race attracted more than 18,000 competitors.
Several other FRC members were in action in Bedfordshire at the Oakley 20-mile race.
Andrew Plume was the pick of the bunch as he took 12th position overall and second spot in his age bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Gauvin and Maire Irlam just missed out on age-group medals when finishing fourth in their respective sections.
FRC results: Greater Manchester Marathon: 582 Sean Connolly 3:06.08, 1055 Graham Millham 3:17.03, 2983 Ann Trett 3:45.54, 4398 Keith White 4:02.54, 6635 Neil Bailey 4:40.54.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
Oakley 20-mile race: 12 Andrew Plume 2:09.18, 29 Martin Jennings 2:15.07, 136 Ros Sinott 2:32.19, 143 Tom Richards 2:33.08, 199 Sarah Gauvin 2:39.33, 242 Maire Irlam 2:44.04, 469 Carol Bowett 3:04.33.