ATHLETICS: Fenland Running Club members take in sights of the Lake District on Coniston 14 challenge
- Credit: Archant
A bunch of Fenland Running Club members swapped the flat roads of home for the challenge of competing in the Coniston 14 last weekend.
A 22-strong group of locals travelled to the Lake District and Martin Jennings was the fastest of them.
He was the first FRC finisher in 37th position in a race which attracted close to 1,200 runners - and there was plenty of success for the club to savour too.
Ian Milburn took top spot in the MV70 age bracket while Jane Greenwood took third in the FV60 section.
Srah Gauvin just missed out on a medal in the LV45 category when finishing fourth while Maire Irlam (FV50) and Greg Tagney (MV65) took fifth in their respective age groups.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 37 Martin Jennings 1:30.31, 137 Tim Chapman 1:42.209, 157 Bethan Evason 1:44.06, 158 Graham Milham 1:44.07, 160 Tom Richards 1:44.07, 186 Sarah Gauvin 1:46.12, 279 Maire Irlam 1:52.03, 327 Andre Pittock 1:54.10, 357 Ian Milburn 1:55.35, 358 Greg Tagney 1:55.36, 509 Nicky Jennings 2:02.31, 531 Carol Bowett 2:03.39, 543 Nigel Searle 2:04.27, 545 Stuart Follen 2:04.28, 599 Catherine Duce 2:06.06, 617 Jane Greenwood 2:08.00, 771 Paulina Zub 2:15.54, 772 Patrycja Siadczko 2:15.55, 779 Tracey Else 2:17.40, 840 Jon Rowell 2:19.24, 892 Melissa Millward 2:22.51, 1,005 Jo Clarke 2:35.34.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial